PARISH YOUTH COORDINATING COUNCIL (PYCC)
CONSTITUTION & BY LAWS
ARTICLE VIII TERMS OF OFFICE
Officers are given two (2) years to serve. In case of re-election for the same office, he is allowed to serve only two (2) consecutive terms
ARTICLE I NAME and NATURE
The Council shall be called Parish Youth Coordinating Council (PYCC).
The Council shall operate as one of the implementing arms of the Parish
ARTICLE II DECLARATION OF PRINCIPLES
under the direct supervision and authority of the Parish Priest and shall
faithfully coordinate with the programs and activities of the Commission
Section 1: VISION
"A community of committed young believers in the parish having
Christian values for their integral human development responding to
moral and social concerns"
Section 2: MISSION
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
- Lead young people in the parish to encounter God in a personal way and let them experience a change of mind and heart centered on Jesus, and manifest his/her newfound faith freely, personally and consciously.
- Coordinate with the parish catechists ministry in providing basic catechetical instructions using the Catechism for Filipino Catholics (CFC) highlighting a Christ-centered spirituality, inspired by the examples of the Blessed Virgin Mary and Blessed Pedro Calungsod.
- Build youth communities within the parish anchored on faith, hope and love for their fellow through activities that promote fellowship and unity.
- Equip parish youth to effectively respond to moral and social concerns affecting them, their family and their community.
- Develop and train committed youth to become leaders in parish preparing them for future leadership challenges in their adult life.
- Animate young people into sincere worship of God in community prayers and personal devotion.
1.1 Any youth can be a member of the PYCC on the following qualifications:
He/She must be:
1.2 All youth groups/organization/movements existing in the parish and in
areas under its jurisdiction, be it religious, political or socio-economic;
are qualified to become members of the PYCC, and thus, must
coordinate with the PYCC. A group who wishes to establish coordination
with the PYCC must send at least two (2) representatives to the council
who shall act both as a spokesperson of his/her group's concerns and as
transmitter of PYCC information to his/her respective organization.
All mandated organizations in the parish shall endorse their youth
members tothe PYCC.
- 13 - 39 years old and single
- Baptized Roman Catholic with proven faith, good morale and outstanding prudence
- Resident of the barangay/s under the parish's jurisdiction
- Willing to actively participate in the activities of the PYCC
He/She can be a:
- Out-of-School Youth
- Professional/ working already
- Member or non-member of any religious organization.
Any member retains his/her membership as long as he/ she is still
ARTICLE IV DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
actively involved in the activities of the PYCC.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the PYCC are defined as follows:
1.1 Individual Members
- A member must support all the programs and activities of the PYCC and of the parish.
- He/She must attend all regular, special, or emergency meetings.
- He/She must submit his/her personal profile.
- He/She must be willing to share his/her talents and abilities as a contribution to the fulfillment of the goals of the PYCC.